Nothing is more UNIQUE than custom-made stationery!
www.rwdesign.ca

Sunday, August 8, 2010

What about the Music?




I've got some extra spring in my step today, despite the rain, thanks to last night's Michael Buble concert. He is just so darn cute and seems to wear his emotions on his sleeve...I could just nibble those ears of his...oops...Too much information?!!! Besides the looks, he truly is an incredible talent that can have you jumping up on your feet one minute, and near tears the next. I was reminded why my husband and I chose to play his music exclusively throughout the cocktails and dinner portion of our own wedding reception. He is one of those musicians who is appreciated and loved by all ages.

Music is a very important element of your event, and must be considered well ahead of time. This is also one of those tasks that the gentlemen especially like to get involved in - so bring it up soon!

The top ten first dance songs (from AOL online) haven't changed in a while, but here they are:

10.'Everything I Do (I Do It for You)' by Bryan Adams
9. 'Wonderful Tonight' by Eric Clapton
8. 'At Last' by Etta James
7. 'Bless the Broken Road' by Rascal Flatts
6. 'Open Arms' by Journey
5. 'Valentine' by Jim Brickman & Martina McBride
4. 'I Finally Found Someone' by Bryan Adams & Barbra Streisand
3. 'Don't Know Much' by Aaron Neville & Linda Ronstadt
2. 'Faithfully' by Journey
1. 'Unchained Melody' by The Righteous Brothers

These are all beautiful, and some dramatic, choices...but here are a few more that I just love:

"The Way You Look Tonight" Michael Buble (cover) or "Everything" (more upbeat but sweet)

"Close to You" The Carpenters - cute, many versions available

"More Than Love" Los Lonely Boys - beautiful lyrics

"Your Song" Ewan Mcgregor (version from Moulin Rouge) - dramatic & emotional

"Take Me the Way I Am" Ingrid Michaelson - love her voice, fun lyrics

"And I Love you So" Don McLean - classic, sweet melody & lyrics

I should stop there but I hope these inspire you to look up some more. Let me know of any truly outstanding ones to share with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment