Nothing is more UNIQUE than custom-made stationery!
www.rwdesign.ca

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wall Art Inspiration




I can remember, not too long ago now, that the only wall art/stickers you could get for your home were of Disney characters for your toddler's room or under the sea creatures for your bathroom. It is incredible the selection out there today and that you can find wall art and stickers everywhere (even at the Dollar Store).

I thought I'd give it a try since I out-grew my old home office and have moved into another room (Thank you Rob). It's fun because I get to decorate and design all over again (Thanks again Rob!) I purchased my two vinyl sticker images (see picture above of the quote and long stems) through Stampin Up Canada. They were surprisingly easy to stick up, but they can't be moved - once they're up, they're up! So you best be picking your wall space wisely!

If you're looking for a more permanent look, murals continue to be a popular choice (especially in baby and children's rooms). I wanted to share a picture of my cousin's nursery for his newborn daughter, Ellie. My godmother actually did the mural painting herself (she is incredibly creative and talented woman). I just think the Japanese blossoms are so different and that it looks stunning on the wall...I also love the mini chandelier above the crib (can you see it?)

I must have babies on the brain today, so I thought I better post a baby boy's nursery too! I love, love, love the dropped mouldings to featured a design border around the room. They too used Stampin Up vinyl art called "Spot On II" (there's a "Spot On I" for girls with pink, green and brown circles too).

I'm feeling so inspired! Is it ok to just go ahead and decorate a nursery if you're not expecting? hmmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment