Nothing is more UNIQUE than custom-made stationery!
www.rwdesign.ca

Friday, January 14, 2011

No. 93: American Wedding




Wow - I didn't realize just how old this movie was (meaning how old I am) until looking through pictures from American Wedding, of American Pie series of movies. I remember loving her dress and the ceremony setting with the arches at the time...well, my taste has changed a little since then!

What I do love though is that the indoor venue was so tall and made completely of glass, meaning that there is not much need for decoration. This type of venue gives a sense of grandeur and allows you to feel as though you are a part of nature without being outside. It makes me think of the National Gallery in Ottawa and the Museum of Civilisation in Gatineau (which both do weddings) and both have stunning views from their tall windows. (See next blog post!)

The linens used to decorate the tables in this movie have not gone out of style either as they are in classic ivory and irridescent gold/beige. The thick bows in the same fabric drape around the back of the covered chairs elegantly. Although I am not a rose person, I do still love the tall, huge flutes of flowers used as centrepieces - tall being a must-have in this type of venue. The soft white lights strewn about the room add the to the sparkle of the night sky, which can be seen thanks to the glass dome.

Although some styles do change, there are definitely some inspiring ideas to be taken from this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment