Nothing is more UNIQUE than custom-made stationery!
www.rwdesign.ca

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sweet Favour Idea

So making homemade gifts is not a new idea, but it's a good one. As my husband, family and friends can attest, I am no genius in the kitchen (I once made a batch of pancakes for friends using 1/4 cup of salt instead of 1/4 teaspoon...oops!) however, I love to experiment anyways! The mother of a current client shared her very simple and delicious strawberry jam recipe with me and it is so simple, even I was able to make it successfully. See below for the three steps.

As I was pouring my jam into jars, I thought how they would make such beautiful favours for a special event (shower or wedding alike). What could be more sincere than taking the time to make your guests a treat from scratch, and something that they could enjoy at home while reminiscing about the fantastic time they had at your party!

Of course, you must contact me for your special tags to really complete the look!

Here is the recipe:

1. Crush strawberries to make 3 cups (You can use your fingers in order to get big chunks of berries)
2. Place them in a large bowl and mix in one tbsp fresh lemon juice.
3. Stir in 1 box light pectin crystals (I used certo)

Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes; stir every 10 minutes. Then spoon into freezer jam containers. Make sure to leave enough breathing room between the lid and the jam, about 1/2 inch. Freeze until just before your event or enjoy some yourself right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment