Nothing is more UNIQUE than custom-made stationery!
www.rwdesign.ca

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Destination Wedding in Lake Louise





Well it's a rough life, but somebody has to live it! I just returned home from a fabulous week in beautiful Lake Louise and Banff. My brother-in-law got married at the Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, so I thought I would share some pictures of the gorgeous setting with you. It was a very small and elegant affair and one that I will never forget. They had a harpist play during their ceremony, which took place in front of a grand fireplace on one of the hotel's balconies. The couple wrote their own vows, which I think really personalized the event and gave us a better idea of them as a couple. If you are considering writing your own vows, I highly recommend it!
After taking some pictures outside in the sunshine, we had drinks in the lounge and then dinner in a private room overlooking the frozen lake. One small problem some people have when planning a destination wedding is not being able to decorate the way you could in your home city. However, I really liked how the hotel used ribbon to decorate the table as well as the simplicity of the low vases of red roses wrapped in green leaves. The bride was thrilled with how it all turned out.
It's tough to be back to reality now, I was quite enjoying sipping bubbly in the afternoon! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment