Nothing is more UNIQUE than custom-made stationery!
www.rwdesign.ca

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A MUST READ...


When planning my own wedding, I received this book as a gift from my mother (and I'm wondering now if I should take offence?!!!!) The book is called “Wedding Etiquette Hell: The Bride's Bible to Avoiding Everlasting Damnation” written by event consultant and etiquette blogger Jeanne Hamilton. In my opinion, it is the perfect blend of fiction and real-life events that will have you either gasping or ROTFL! Hamilton uses some fictional characters, such as newly engaged “Brideweena” and her wedding planner “Miss Jeanne” (I wonder who this is) to walk the reader through many etiquette-related questions. From invitations and engagement parties, to showers and registries; the book is filled with tacky and unbelievably true stories that she has accumulated through her own etiquette website. Would you believe that one guest wrote about a bride that insisted on having three engagement parties, four showers, and a gift opening celebration after the wedding and sent invitations with her registry information to the same people for each event? I guess that is one way to ensure you complete your registry!!! A great read for brides, bridesmaids, moms and anyone involved in the event planning – just don't give it as a shower gift!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Renée
    I am glad that you found this book helpful and that you did a review on it. It was actually recommended to me by the bookseller who had received a copy as a gift when she was a bride-to-be. She also found some of the stories and advice invaluable--a good reminder not to forget to use common sense in making some important decisions. I do agree that it would not make a good shower gift; not because it might offend the bride-to-be but more because it might be too late to be helpful in avoiding some difficult or embarassing situations that might have already taken place.

    In any case, I would have liked to have a book like this when I was planning my wedding day many, many years ago.

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete